Thursday, July 24, 2008

Create a WebQuest

WebQuest is an inquire-oriented activity where students get all the information via the internet. In this assignment, we are required to design one WebQuest to help students gather information through the web searching activities.

I actually have met with this word for many times in the previous reading but I only had a slight idea on this concept at that time. This is the first time that I learn this concept in detail and personally design a WebQuest myself. I have to say that this assignment is the most challenging to me throughout the whole semester but it is also the most rewarding task. I learned so much about this concept and have personal practice on it. I learned that many sections are included in the WebQuest, such as introductions, resources, task, process, evaluation, conclusion, etc. The different sections also need to be integrated so that learning activity can have its great effectiveness. I also learned that WebQuest offers so many advantages to students, for example, they can more focus on the selected filed and resources and it also saves them a lot of time. WebQuest also encourages students’ collaboration and they can work together to find out the answer to the question.

WebQuest is a very useful and important way to gather information and make collaborative research in education. It will also increase students’ interest in the task and they can work and study more efficiently.

Link to my WebQuest: http://ocean.otr.usm.edu/~w742726/

No comments: