Thursday, July 24, 2008

Online Presentation

In this assignment, we are required to make an online presentation using SlideShare and focus our topic on telecommunications in education. I mainly introduced synchronous communications tools in EFL (English as a Foreign Language) online courses in China.

SlideShare offers a good forum where people can presentation their information online and share with others. Other people can also make their comments and communicate with the presenter so that the latest information and resources can be shared. This is a new way of presentation and can reach a larger range of audience. Users can simply make their PPT slides or PDF slides and upload them online. I have designed an online presentation using SlideShare last semester so it is not new to me and this time, I get more familiar with it. I get to know that the SlideShare supports a lot of slides in different formats and users can even add audio there and do the slidecasting.

This new way of presentation makes the teaching material available to more students and they can view the material anywhere and anytime. This online presentation is a new start in education and it will greatly enhance the learning efficiency of students. It can also help the development of distance teaching and learning. I do find it is useful in my future teaching. Handing out materials to all students in class is not the only way, I can provide the materials online and students can view and give their feedback at the same time. It offers me a great way to find out students understanding of the topic and this can also be a good place for teachers and students to communicate and share their ideas. By reaching a large variety of audience, I can also know how I have prepared the materials and may make much more improvement in it.

Link:
http://www.slideshare.net/guoqiangcui/synchronous-communication-tools-in-efl-online-learning-in-china-526231

No comments: