Thursday, July 24, 2008

Overall Course Reflection

I am glad that I have taken this course. I really learned a lot about the telecommunications. Before taking the course, telecommunication is only a word or concept to me but by the end of the semester, I can recall many sections of it whenever I think of this concept. I have learned the basics of telecommunications, different telecommunication tools, telecommunication styles as well as its different applications. The knowledge I have learned is very useful for me to apply telecommunication technology in education or in life.

After finishing this course, especially during the preparation of the test, I learned and understood a lot about the advantages and disadvantages of the telecommunications and its tools and applications. I also get more familiar with most of the concepts of the different telecommunication applications. One thing I think I need to improve is that I need to remember the more details of the telecommunication means such as the satellite communication. I think this is mainly because I paid too much attention to the general aspects and overlook some small details and I need to read further and care more about the detailed information.

I really learned a lot throughout this whole semester. I can have the opportunities to read so much useful and up-to-date information about telecommunications. At the same time, I can also have a lot of practices on the communication tools and get the first-hand experience.

Through the forum discussions, I can first present my understanding of the reading materials and share with others. I can also read what others have posted and learn from that. Actually, I indeed learned a lot from colleagues’ posting besides the teacher’s.

Actually this course also taught me a lot of useful technologies which I can use in my foreign language teaching. For example, I can use many synchronous communication tools such as MSN/Yahoo messenger, Skype, ICQ, ect. in the online English course and this will ensure students’ success in gaining overall skills in foreign language. I have also written a paper on this topic.

Learning all the knowledge about telecommunications is a challenging experience but it is also a rewarding one after I have learned all the stuff. Telecommunications has very important role and potential in education.

No comments: